The enterprise ERGOPACK S.A. based in Peloponnese region has joined the Action “Competitiveness Toolbox” with a total budget of 400 million €. The Action aims at supporting existing small and very small enterprises, in order to upgrade and improve their competitive position in domestic and international markets, by investing in the modernization of their production equipment and by adopting product certifications.
The investment’s total budget is 199.494,23 € out of which 99.747,11 € is public expenditure. The Action is co-financed by Greece and the European Union – European Regional Development Fund.
The approved co-financed Business Plan includes investments on the following categories:
- Machinery – Equipment
- Quality system, Standardization, Certifications etc (up to 100% of the total budget)
- Means of transportation
- Packaging & Branding
- Digital Promotion
- Wage cost for new personnel
Through the participation in the Action, the enterprise achieved:
- Competitiveness improvement
- Increase of profitability
- Reinforcement of an extrovert business profile
- Market expenditure by adopting new products and services
- Creation of better quality products and services
- Increase of productivity and improvement of operational procedures
- Entrepreneurship Reinforcement
- Creation/ retention of jobs
The support of EPAnEK proved beneficial, not only for the enterprise but for the competitiveness of the national as well as the local economy.